Seared-Tuna Salad with Coconut-Lime Dressing
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) tuna steak
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Combine tortilla strips, 1 teaspoon canola oil, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and red pepper in a small bowl, tossing well to coat. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tortilla strips; cook 5 minutes or until golden, stirring often. Remove and set aside.
- Sprinkle tuna with black pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook in the skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. Cut into thin strips.
- Combine coconut milk and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl with a wire whisk. Combine greens, tomatoes, and green onion in a large serving bowl. Add 1/2 cup dressing; toss well to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 serving plates and top evenly with tuna, avocado, and tortilla croutons. Serve with remaining dressing, if desired.
- Wine note: Pour a German Riesling, such as the 2004 Joh. Jos. Prüm "Wehlener Sonnenuhr" Riesling Kabinett.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This