Wow! What a wonderful change of pace. Perfect for a hot Summer night to have a delicious chilled meal. My husband and boys are total 'meet and potato' guys and they enjoyed this as well. For my youngest I left off the dressing as it's a bit tangy yet for his palate.
Seared Tuna Niçoise
Photo: Johnny Autry, Randy Mayor; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 2 ounces tuna, 3 egg slices, 1/3 cup potatoes, 1/4 cup beans, and 2 tablespoons tomato mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 311
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 25.7g
- Carbohydrate: 16.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 175mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 596mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups quartered small red potatoes
- 1 cup haricots verts, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 (6-ounce) tuna steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted and quartered niçoise olives
- 1. Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover with water to 1 inch above eggs. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain; cool in ice water 5 minutes. Peel eggs; cut each egg into 4 slices.
- 2. Place potatoes in pan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12 minutes. Add beans, and cook 3 minutes. Drain; plunge beans into ice water for 1 minute. Drain well.
- 3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle tuna with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add tuna to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut thinly across the grain.
- 4. Combine remaining salt, oil, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add tomatoes and olives; toss. Divide eggs, potatoes, beans, and tuna among 4 plates; top with tomato mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes