- 1 pound reduced-fat extrafirm tofu
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup radish sprouts
- calories 325
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 10.2 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 4.6 g
- protein 28.2 g
- carbohydrate 41.6 g
- fiber 6.2 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 7.6 mg
- sodium 603 mg
- calcium 96 mg
How to Make It
Place tofu on several layers of paper towels; let stand 10 minutes. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes.
Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt to rice; fluff with a fork.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and bell pepper to pan; sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup onions, vinegar, and soy sauce; cook for 30 seconds. Remove from pan. Wipe skillet with paper towels; recoat pan with cooking spray.
Place pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle tofu with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add tofu to pan; cook 8 minutes or until golden, turning to brown on all sides. Return bell pepper mixture to pan, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Drizzle tofu mixture with remaining 1 teaspoon oil; top with sesame seeds. Serve tofu mixture with rice; top with sprouts and remaining 1/4 cup onions.