Delicious. I served with rosemary roasted fingerling potatoes (CL recipe) and farmer's market corn on the cob. Better than any restaurant dinner.
Seared Steaks with Red Wine, Mushrooms, and Onions
Serve with blue cheese mashed potatoes and broccoli.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 18.2g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 24.5g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 429mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 2 (8-ounce) New York strip steaks, trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1. Sprinkle steaks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan, and keep warm. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, rosemary, and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with flour; cook 30 seconds. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and butter to pan, stirring until butter melts. Cut steaks across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This