Seared Steak with Minted Watermelon
Community Recipe from
- 1 Steak
- 8 ounce(s) thin rice noodles
- 1 (1-pound) boneless 1-inch-thick beef sirloin steak
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk(s) lemongrass, yellow and pale green part only, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) lower-sodium fish sauce
- 1/2 small (3 cups) watermelon, rind removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 seedless (English) cucumber, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling on medium.
- Prepare noodles as label directs. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- Season steak with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place steak on hot grill; cover. Cook 12 to 13 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning once. Transfer steak to cutting board; let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir shallot, lemongrass, sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce until sugar dissolves. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Add to bowl, along with watermelon, cucumber, and mint. Toss gently until well mixed.
- Divide noodles among serving plates. Top with steak mixture and accumulated juices.
- Nutritional Information
- (per serving)
- Calories 430
- Total Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 75mg
- Sodium 435mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars --
- Protein 26g
- Calcium --
- Read more: Seared Steak with Minted Watermelon Recipe - Good Housekeeping
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Brook3676 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Seared Steak with Minted Watermelon Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes