Seared Steak Salad with Roasted Peppers and Arugula
Seared steak is paired with arugula, roasted peppers, and homemade croutons.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 19.9g
- Carbohydrate: 16.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 517mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 2 cups drained bottled roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 (8-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick), trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed French bread
- 1 (5-ounce) bag arugula or spinach
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; stir in 2 minced garlic cloves. Add bell pepper strips; toss well, and set aside.
- 3. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steaks evenly with salt and black pepper; coat steaks with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; let stand 10 minutes.
- 4. While steaks stand, combine bread cubes and remaining minced garlic; toss well. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5. While bread bakes, place about 1 1/2 cups arugula on each of 4 plates. Cut steaks diagonally across grain into thin slices. Remove bell pepper from bowl with a slotted spoon, reserving marinade. Divide steak and bell pepper evenly among salads. Drizzle reserved marinade evenly over each salad; top each salad with 1/4 cup croutons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This