- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds large sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- calories 296
- fat 6.9 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- protein 34.3 g
- carbohydrate 21.4 g
- cholesterol 62 mg
- iron 3.6 mg
- sodium 982 mg
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fiber 0.2 g
- calcium 47 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 2 ingredients in a small bowl. Dredge scallops in sesame seed mixture.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of scallops to pan, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; set aside and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and scallops.
Add chicken broth and next 3 ingredients to pan; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Place 1/2 cup noodles in each of 3 bowls. Pour broth mixture evenly over noodles; top each with scallops and green onions.