Quite good -- most certainly not unusual or bad flavors! I couldn't find satsumas, so I used tangerines for the zest and juice, and blood oranges for the sections (just because they look so nice!) Very quick and easy. I think I overcooked the scallops by just a minute, so may have given it a 5 if I hadn't done that. Next time I think I will cook them in my aluminum pan instead of cast iron -- I left them in longer because I wasn't getting the nice golden sear I was looking for.
Seared Sea Scallops with Satsuma, Parsley, and Shallot Salsa
Cook the scallops in two batches if needed to prevent crowding the pan. If you can’t find satsumas, use tangerines.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 23.2g
- Carbohydrate: 10.5g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 418mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 1/3 cup minced shallots (about 2 small shallots)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated satsuma orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh satsuma orange juice
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 satsuma oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Cooking spray
- 12 large sea scallops (about 19 ounces)
- 1 1/3 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- Satsuma orange wedges (optional)
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Add 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; stir well with a whisk. Add the satsuma orange sections. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 2. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes or until browned. Turn scallops over. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 2 minutes or until done.
- 3. Place 1/3 cup watercress on each of 4 plates. Arrange 3 scallops on each serving; top each serving with 2 tablespoons salsa. Garnish with orange wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes