Seared Scallops with white beans
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 strip(s) bacon
- 1/2 minced red onion
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 green pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 can(s) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cup(s) spinach
- 1 pound(s) large sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 lemon-juice from
- salt and pepper and Old Bay Seas to taste
- Heat a medium saucepan on low, and cook the bacon until it becomes crisp. Pour off some of the bacon fat and add onion and garlic. Saute them until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the white beans and spinach; cook until the beans are hot and the spinach is wilted. Keep warm.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or saute pan on medium high. Blot the scallops dry with a paper towel and season them on both sides with Old Bay. Add the butter to the pan. After it melts, add the scallops. Sear them 2-3 minutes on each side until they're deeply carmelized..
- Before serving, add the lemon juice to the beans, along with salt and pepper. Divide the beans into 4 warm bowls or plates and top with scallops.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JayneW and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note