Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans
- Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
- Pair this one-dish seared scallops meal with a side of garlic bread. It's perfect for sopping up every last drop of the delicious sauce.
- Worthy of a special occasion
- Rate and Review | Read Reviews (41)
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 4 ounces
- More From Cooking Light
- •Get a FREE PREVIEW ISSUE!
- •Cooking with Quinoa: 15 Recipes
- •101 Healthy Soup Recipes
- •Top-Rated Butternut Squash Recipes
- •32 Best Chili Recipes
- •Search Cooking Light Recipes
- Nutritional Information
- Amount per serving Calories: 314
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 33.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.8g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 781mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- Search for Recipes by Nutrition Data
- 5 ingredients on sale for ZIP 78230Edit ZIP/Favorite Stores
- Send To Mobile
- Save Recipe
- Add to Menu
- Add to Shopping List
- .2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops $
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup prechopped onion $
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine $
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth $
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach $
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add pepper and garlic; cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid evaporates. Stir in broth and beans; cook 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- Grilled garlic bread is great for dipping into the brothy beans. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over 4 (1-ounce) slices French bread. Add bread to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Rub one side of each bread slice with cut sides of a halved garlic clove.
- David Bonom, Cooking Light
- MARCH 2009
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes