Fantastic! You don't have to change a thing!
Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
Pair this one-dish seared scallops meal with a side of garlic bread. It's perfect for sopping up every last drop of the delicious sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 4 ounces scallops and 3/4 cup bean mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 314
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 33.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.8g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 781mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add pepper and garlic; cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid evaporates. Stir in broth and beans; cook 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- Grilled garlic bread is great for dipping into the brothy beans. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over 4 (1-ounce) slices French bread. Add bread to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Rub one side of each bread slice with cut sides of a halved garlic clove.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This