Easy and delicious, served with pan seared mahi mahi.
Seared Scallops with Warm Fruit Salsa
A hot skillet is key to a deep golden sear on the scallops. Prepare the Warm Fruit Salsa in the same skillet as the scallops for an easy one-pan cleanup. Jasmine rice rounds out the meal.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 202
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Carbohydrate: 17.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 394mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Warm Fruit Salsa
- 4 teaspoons sliced green onions
- 1. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle scallops evenly with pepper and salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Prepare Warm Fruit Salsa.
- 3. Discard any accumulated juices from scallops; top evenly with Warm Fruit Salsa and onions. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes