This recipe made my husband fall in love with me all over again.
Seared Scallops with Cauliflower Purée
Pair sea scallops with a cauliflower and potato purée for an elegant yet weeknight-friendly meal. Tip: Patting the sea scallops dry before cooking helps ensure a great seared crust.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 632mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cubed peeled Yukon gold potato
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove scallops from pan.
- 3. Pour cauliflower mixture in a blender. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, butter, and red pepper. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Serve puree with scallops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes