Very good. Will make again!
Seared Scallops with Cauliflower Purée
Pair sea scallops with a cauliflower and potato purée for an elegant yet weeknight-friendly meal. Tip: Patting the sea scallops dry before cooking helps ensure a great seared crust.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 632mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cubed peeled Yukon gold potato
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove scallops from pan.
- 3. Pour cauliflower mixture in a blender. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, butter, and red pepper. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Serve puree with scallops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note