Seared Scallops with Lemony Sweet Pea Relish
Pat your scallops dry with paper towels, and sear them in a superhot cast-iron skillet.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) fresh english peas shelled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt divided
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon rind grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) shallots minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper divided
- 2 1/4 pound(s) large sea scallops
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pea shoots
- 6 lemon wedges
- 1. Cook English peas in boiling water with 1 tsp salt for 2 mins. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Combine peas, 3 tbl oil, rind,juice,parsley, and shallots. Stire in 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, toss gently.
- 2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over med-high heat. Add 1 1/2 tsp oil to pan; swirl to coar. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper over scallops. Add half of scallops to pan; cook for 2 mins on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil and scallops. Divide scallops evenly among 6 plates; top each serving with 2 1/2 tbl pea mixture and 1/4 cup pea shoots. Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by llynn623 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note