Great flavor combination! Super easy, the only suggestion I would make is the next time around to reduce the amount of lemon juice. We will definitely be making this again.
Seared Scallops with Garlic-Parsley Butter
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 175mg
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- 12 scallops (about 1 in. wide; about 12 oz. total)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, rinsed, stemmed, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Yukon Gold potato purée (recipe follows)
- 1. Rinse scallops and pat dry; sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add scallops and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides and opaque but still moist-looking in the center (cut to test), about 4 minutes total. Transfer scallops to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
- 2. Add 1/2 tablespoon butter, garlic, and shallot to pan. When butter is melted, add mushrooms; stir often until mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, along with chicken broth, parsley, tomatoes, white wine, and lemon juice; bring to a boil and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3. Spoon potato purée into four shallow bowls; top each with 3 scallops. Spoon mushrooms and sauce over scallops.
- Yukon Gold potato purée. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 to 3 quarts water to a boil. Peel 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes; cut into 1-inch chunks. Add potatoes to pan; cook until tender when pierced, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and return to pan. Mash potatoes with 1/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth, 2 tablespoons whipping cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This