My husband and I made this for dinner and it was excellent! Definitely a keeper and we'll make it again. I followed the other suggestion and cooked the red pepper about 1/2 way through the sweet potato cooking time. The only thing I'd change is maybe adding some garlic or white wine to the scallops as they're cooking. Also, keep an eye on the pecans... They toast fast!
Seared Scallops, Sweet Potato, and Pecan Salad
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 15.6g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 483mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Dash of salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 6 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare salad, arrange the sweet potato in a single layer on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat potato with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until potato is tender, turning once after 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle scallops with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add scallops, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Combine sweet potato, greens, grapes, and red bell pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Place 1 1/3 cups salad mixture on each of 6 plates; divide scallops evenly among salads. Sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Seared Scallops, Sweet Potato, and Pecan Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers