This salad is requested almost every time we entertain guests - by my husband.
Seared Scallops, Sweet Potato, and Pecan Salad
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 15.6g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 483mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Dash of salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 6 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare salad, arrange the sweet potato in a single layer on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat potato with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until potato is tender, turning once after 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle scallops with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add scallops, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Combine sweet potato, greens, grapes, and red bell pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Place 1 1/3 cups salad mixture on each of 6 plates; divide scallops evenly among salads. Sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Seared Scallops, Sweet Potato, and Pecan Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This