I thought the favors were weird. The scallops were good, the cabbage mixture was not very good.
Seared Scallops with Bacon, Cabbage, and Apple
Quick but hearty. Serve with roasted potatoes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 22.4g
- Carbohydrate: 15.1g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 458mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 3 center-cut bacon slices, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Fuji apple (1 medium)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 16 large sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1. Cook bacon pieces in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon pieces from pan, reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons drippings in pan. Add sliced cabbage and chopped thyme to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring cabbage mixture occasionally. Add 1/2 cup water, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover pan. Cook 5 more minutes. Stir in chopped apple and cider vinegar; cover. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in cooked bacon and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Heat a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle scallops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until scallops are done. Place about 1 cup cabbage mixture on each of 4 plates. Arrange 4 scallops on each serving. Sprinkle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon dill.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note