Thought this was okay. I agree, took quite a bit of time and harder to make than it needed to be.
Seared Scallops with Haricots Verts
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 30.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11.7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 446mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 quarts water
- 12 ounces haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops (about 16)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add beans; cook 3 minutes. Drain. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook 3 minutes. Add shallot mixture and beans; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil. Pat scallops dry; sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with beans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note