Try seared scallops as appetizers or entrées--sprinkle with chives, cilantro, or basil, and serve with garlic mashed potatoes.
Yield: Makes 4 appetizer servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 large sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Microwave butter in a small glass bowl at HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Skim off milk solids with a spoon, reserving 1/4 cup clarified butter.
- Sprinkle both sides of scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter; heat 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add scallops; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden crust begins to form. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Wine note: "Tablas Creek Esprit de Beaucastel ($30) from Paso Robles, California, works with the scallops. The dish here is relatively simple, so let the wine take it away. The spicy notes in this blend of Rhône varietals balance well with the butter in the recipe."--Franklin Ferguson, wine director and bar manager, Citrine restaurant, Los Angeles, CA.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note