Seared Scallop Salad with Prosciutto Crisps from Cooking Light
Be sure to pat the scallops dry to ensure an even sear. Also, if serrano ham is available, it makes a tasty substitute for the prosciutto.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced shallots
- 2 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 4 cup(s) mixed salad greens
- 2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes divided
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced English cucumber
- 1 ounce(s) prosciutto thinly sliced
- 16 sea scallops about 1 pound
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, cider vinegar, minced shallots and Dijon mustard in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add salad greens, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber to the bowl; toss gently to coat.
- 2. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced prosciutto to pan; cook 3 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp; coarsely chop. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to pan; swirl to coat pan. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side until desired degree of doneness. Please 4 scallops and 2/3 cup salad mixture on each of 4 plates; sprinkle with prosciutto.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Seared Scallop Salad with Prosciutto Crisps from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes