Seared Scallop Gemelli with Asparagus, Snap Peas, and Pecorino
Photo: Luca Trovato
More From Coastal Living
Total: 36 Minutes
- 8 ounces gemelli
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta, and cook 3 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels. Return skillet to cooktop, and add 2 tablespoons oil, onion, and garlic; cook, over medium-high heat, 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus; cook 2 minutes or until bright green. Stir in peas, and cook 2 minutes. Add vermouth; cook 1 minute or until reduced to a glaze. Stir in tarragon and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add to skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 4. Return large skillet to cooktop. Add cooked pasta and 2 tablespoons butter, and cook 1 minute or until butter melts. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in cheese, half of reserved pancetta, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Divide pasta among 4 bowls, top each evenly with scallops, and sprinkle with remaining pancetta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This