Seared Salmon with Balsamic Glaze
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) plus 1 tsp, brown sugar
- 24 ounce(s) salmon fillet with skin cut into 4 pieces
- 1. Stir together vinegar, water, lemon juice and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- 2. Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat some olive oil (1 tablespoon) in a large skillet (nonstick would be best) over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Increase heat to high, add salmon skin side up, sear until well browned (4 minutes). Turn fish over and sear until just cooked through (3-4 more minutes).
- 4. Transfer salmon to plates. Carefully add vinegar mixture to skillet (liquid will bubble and steam). Simmer, stirring, until thickened and reduced to 1/3 cup or so, about 2 minutes. Spoon glaze over salmon (KIDS: leave in small dish on side for dipping).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Seared Salmon with Balsamic Glaze Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes