Delicious, love the orzo pilaf. Served with steamed broccoli and yellow squash.
Seared Salmon Fillets with Orzo Pilaf
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 475
- Fat: 17.8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 43.6g
- Carbohydrate: 32.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 566mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil; swirl. Add orzo; sauté 2 minutes or until toasted. Add stock and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in bell peppers, dill, juice, and olives; keep warm.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with orzo mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note