Any time I see a bacon/corn combo in Cooking Light, I expect nothing less than amazing, and this held up! It was really great.
Seared Salmon with Sweet Corn and Bacon Sauté
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Protein: 40g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 392mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 2 center-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 (6-ounce) center-cut salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat 4 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Add shallot and white parts of onions; sauté 2 minutes. Add wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in vinegar, corn, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in green parts of onions.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fillets with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add fillets to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn and cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Divide corn mixture among 4 plates; top with fillets. Sprinkle thyme evenly over fillets.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note