- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons 25%-less-sodium Montreal steak seasoning (such as McCormick Grill Mates)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- calories 194
- caloriesfromfat 41 %
- fat 9 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- monofat 4.7 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 23.9 g
- carbohydrate 1.7 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- cholesterol 65 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 443 mg
- calcium 27 mg
How to Make It
Sprinkle pork evenly with steak seasoning. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pork with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn pork over; cook 3 minutes.
While pork cooks, place bell peppers and next 3 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. When pork is done, remove pan from heat. Remove pork from pan; cover and keep warm.
Add bell pepper mixture to pan; return pan to medium heat. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often. Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce onto each of 4 serving plates. Top each with a pork chop; drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.