Seared Pork Chops in Tomato-Mushroom Sauce
Low-sodium soy sauce is the secret ingredient in the tomato-mushroom sauce. Serve these chops with sautéed fresh spinach and a piece of crusty bread to soak up the juices.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 279
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 29.8g
- Carbohydrate: 15.3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 749mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick), trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can organic diced tomatoes with basil and garlic (such as Muir Glen), undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops evenly with pepper; dredge in flour.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium; cook an additional 4 minutes on each side. Remove pork chops from pan, and keep warm.
- 3. Add tomatoes and next 5 ingredients to pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add pork chops to pan; cook an additional 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note