- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped mint (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups chopped Italian parsley
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 pieces halibut fillet (2 lb. total), rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- calories 647
- caloriesfromfat 45 %
- protein 58 g
- fat 32 g
- satfat 4.6 g
- carbohydrate 36 g
- fiber 11 g
- sodium 880 mg
- cholesterol 73 mg
How to Make It
In a large bowl, stir together the bulgur and 1 teaspoon salt, then pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over the mix. Cover and let sit until water is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
In a bowl, combine olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, mint, and parsley. Pour dressing over cooked bulgur and stir to coat. Stir in green onions and pine nuts.
Sprinkle both sides of halibut with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, then halibut. Cook, turning once, until fish is opaque in the center, about 10 minutes total per inch of thickness.
Mound tabbouleh on plates and top with halibut. Serve warm.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.