We're gremolata converts -- the herb/lemon blend really brightened the steaks & looked great too. Served with rice pilaf & steamed asparagus (imported from Peru, who knew?). Very good.
Seared Filet with Mixed-Herb Gremolata
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 23.5g
- Carbohydrate: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 284mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Sprinkle steaks evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. While steaks rest, combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, chopped parsley, and remaining ingredients; serve over steaks.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note