1. Prepare rice according to package directions, adding lemon grass to water.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together cilantro, red chile pepper, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and next 3 ingredients.
3. Process papaya in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
4. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Cook scallops in remaining 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
5. Stir together cilantro mixture and rice with a fork. Fill 4 lightly greased 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with rice mixture, packing mixture tightly into cups with back of spoon. Invert each cup onto an individual serving plate, unmolding rice. Drizzle papaya puree around rice. Place 3 scallops around rice on each plate. Garnish, if desired.
*1 tablespoon minced green jalapeño peppers may be substituted.