A disappointment. The chard was too salty. The fish not flavorful enough. The almonds were tasty though.
Seared Cod with Swiss Chard and Almonds
Premium Hungarian paprika elevates the flavor profile of this dish. Winter greens make a pretty plated entrée and are nutritious, too. Besides more than half the recommended vitamins A and C from the greens, the fish and greens supply a little zinc. Serve with couscous or orzo.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 34.5g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 897mg
- Calcium: 129mg
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 10 cup thinly sliced trimmed Swiss chard (about 2 bunches)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 4 (6-ounce) cod fillets
- 1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add almonds to pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Transfer to small bowl with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle almonds with 1/4 teaspoon paprika, stirring to coat. Set aside.
- 2. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute or until golden, stirring constantly. Add 3 1/3 cups chard to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until wilted, stirring constantly. Repeat procedure 2 times with remaining chard. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in vinegar. Remove from pan; wipe skillet with paper towels.
- 3. Sprinkle fish evenly with the remaining 1 teaspoon paprika and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook fish 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve fish with chard mixture; sprinkle evenly with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This