Easy & delicious. I made my own blackened seasoning from another recipe on this site, Cooking Light's "Spicy Seasoning" (which I've used in many recipes - it's fantastic). Served with a simple side salad. YUM!
Seared Chicken with Avocado
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 221
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 diced peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, cut into fourths
- Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken to pan, smooth side down; cook 1 minute or until seared. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Combine avocado, cilantro, pepper, lime juice, and salt. Squeeze one-fourth lime over each piece of chicken before serving. Serve with avocado mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note