The chicken breast was just OK, but the potato salad was great. The only thing I did differently was cut the potatoes before I boiled them because I'm too impatient to wait for them to cool and cut them.
Seared Chicken Breasts with French Potato Salad
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Rs: 2.3g
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring water to a boil and cook potatoes 15 minutes or until potato is easily pierced with a fork. Add green beans during the last minute of cooking; drain and set aside.
- 2. While potatoes cook, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, parsley, mustard, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Season to taste with black pepper. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice larger pieces in half or fourths and add to bowl. Toss to coat and set aside.
- 3. Cover chicken breasts with parchment paper; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and season with black pepper.
- 4. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Warm remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, and cook 6 to 8 minutes until chicken begins to brown; turn to brown other side. Add shallots, and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken breast registers 160ï¿½. Add lemon juice and tarragon, and turn chicken until evenly coated.
- 5. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and scrape any remaining shallots into potato salad. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note