- 2 teaspoons steak rub (such as McCormick Grill Mates)
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle dark lager (such as Michelob AmberBock)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- calories 209
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- fat 8 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 22.7 g
- carbohydrate 6.2 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 62 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 362 mg
- calcium 37 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Rub steak seasoning over both sides of steaks.
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove steaks from pan; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 4 to 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
While steaks bake, combine beer and brown sugar in a medium bowl; add to skillet, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 6 minutes or until mixture is slightly syrupy and reduced to about 1/4 cup. Serve steaks with reduced sauce; sprinkle evenly with cheese.