Made this for our cooking group's first organizational meeting and loved it. I stuck pretty close with the recipe and only cheated and used dried tarragon since I wanted to make the sauce the night before didn't have fresh in the house. We will make the sauce to use on sandwiches because it had a very nice flavor.
Seared Beef Tenderloin Mini Sandwiches with Mustard-Horseradish Sauce
These mini sandwiches are a great beef tenderloin appetizer. Serving beef tenderloin as an appetizer is an elegant, yet budget-friendly way to enjoy a pricey cut of meat.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 136
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 12.6g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 314mg
- Calcium: 94mg
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- 1 (8-ounce) French bread baguette, cut diagonally into 16 slices
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Cover and chill.
- Secure beef at 2-inch intervals with twine. Sprinkle beef with pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; cook 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning frequently. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into 16 slices. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Arrange watercress evenly on bread slices. Place 1 beef slice and about 1 tablespoon chilled sauce over each bread slice. Arrange capers and cheese evenly over sauce.
"While I was visiting a friend, she prepared these mini open-faced sandwiches. They make delightful appetizers for holiday guests, and the Mustard-Horseradish Sauce can be made ahead of time." -Susan Wambui Thiong'o, Nairobi, Kenya
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers