Seared Arctic Char with Warm Mango-Lime Salsa
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup pineapple-orange juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 1 tablespoon grated or finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- 4 (6-ounce) Arctic char fillets, 1/2 to 1 inch thick, skin on
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in shallot and jalapeño. Cook, stirring often, 4 minutes or until shallot is soft.
- 2. Stir in broth, juice concentrate, and ginger. Increase heat, and boil gently 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Stir in mango and rum; simmer 2 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water, and stir into mango mixture. Bring to a boil, and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice and salt; keep sauce warm.
- 3. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Heat a large, heavy ovenproof skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Place fillets, seasoned side down, in skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip fillets, and put pan in oven. Roast at 425° for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Place fillets on plates, divide sauce evenly over fish, and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes