Seared Arctic Char with Cucumber Relish
- 3/4 cup diced seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 (6-ounce) arctic char fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 330
- fat 16.7 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 7.6 g
- polyfat 5.3 g
- protein 37 g
- carbohydrate 9 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 90 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 474 mg
- calcium 34 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place cucumber, shallots, cilantro, mint, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon sugar in a medium bowl, stirring to combine.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Sprinkle the fillets evenly with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add fish to pan, skin side up. Cook 2 minutes; turn over. Place pan in oven, and bake at 425° for 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fillets with the cucumber mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.