Seafood (salmon, trout, shrimp or crab) Cucumber Stacks with Lemon Cream and Chives
These refreshing hors d'oeuvres are equally delicious made with salmon, trout, shrimp or crab, so pick a seafood that's best for your budget. For vegetarians, a slice of baked tofu is a perfect substitute for the seafood. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2631.
Yield: 2 servings ( Serving Size: dozen )
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) light sour cream
- 1 bunch(es) chives, finely chopped, divided
- Zest and 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 4-ounce package(s) smoked salmon
- 4 ounce(s) smoked trout
- 8 ounce(s) crab meat
- 12 medium peeled, deveined and halved cooked shrimp
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into 24 slices
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, half of the chives, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. If using salmon or trout, cut into 24 bite-sized pieces. Arrange a piece of seafood on each cucumber slice then top with a dollop of sour cream mixture and garnish with remaining chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes