So Good and so Easy! I think the recipe is good for 3. 4 if you include bread. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Seafood Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Food Styling: Robyn Valarik
Serve this seafood mix on a bed of watercress or butter lettuce, or as a sandwich in toasted brioche buns or on crusty bread.
Yield: Serves 4 as a main-dish salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 402
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 42g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sodium: 1118mg
- Cholesterol: 338mg
- 1 pound peeled, deveined medium shrimp (30 to 35 per lb.)
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 pound cleaned calamari, bodies cut into 1/2-in.-wide rings and tentacles cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- About 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- About 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped watercress leaves
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp, scallops, and calamari. Cover, remove from heat, and let steep just until shrimp are pink on the outside and opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 3 minutes. Drain seafood and immerse in ice water until cold; drain again.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, lemon peel and juice, tarragon, mustard, and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper in a food processor. Whirl until smooth.
- 3. Combine seafood, watercress, capers, and dressing in a large bowl. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir in avocado.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This