So Good and so Easy! I think the recipe is good for 3. 4 if you include bread. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Seafood Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Food Styling: Robyn Valarik
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 402
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 42g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sodium: 1118mg
- Cholesterol: 338mg
- 1 pound peeled, deveined medium shrimp (30 to 35 per lb.)
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 pound cleaned calamari, bodies cut into 1/2-in.-wide rings and tentacles cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- About 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- About 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped watercress leaves
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp, scallops, and calamari. Cover, remove from heat, and let steep just until shrimp are pink on the outside and opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 3 minutes. Drain seafood and immerse in ice water until cold; drain again.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, lemon peel and juice, tarragon, mustard, and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper in a food processor. Whirl until smooth.
- 3. Combine seafood, watercress, capers, and dressing in a large bowl. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir in avocado.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes