More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 249
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 32.6g
- Carbohydrate: 10.4g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 248mg
- Iron: 6.9mg
- Sodium: 730mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound cleaned skinless squid, cut into (1-inch) rings
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 4 cups thinly sliced fennel (about 1 medium bulb)
- Combine wine and mussels in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until mussels open; discard any unopened shells. Remove mussels from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving liquid. Remove meat from mussels, and discard shells. Place mussels in a large bowl. Line a sieve with dampened cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over edge of sieve. Drain cooking liquid through sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid; discard cheesecloth.
- Return liquid to pan; bring to a boil. Add shrimp and squid to pan; cook for 4 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally. Remove shrimp and squid with a slotted spoon; discard liquid. Add shrimp and squid to mussels.
- Combine 1/4 cup lemon juice and next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle lemon juice mixture over shrimp mixture, tossing to coat.
- Combine lettuce and fennel in a large bowl. Add remaining 4 teaspoons lemon juice to fennel mixture, and toss to coat. Arrange fennel mixture on a platter; top with shrimp mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note