Wonderful mix of flavors! Used a couple of red chilies from the garden for more spice!
Seafood in Red Curry with Sticky Rice
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 559
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 71g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 673mg
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- 1 1/2 cups short-grain white rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 pound asparagus, rinsed, tough stem ends snapped off, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 clams in shells, suitable for steaming (8 to 12 oz.), scrubbed
- 8 ounces bay scallops, rinsed
- 8 ounces shelled, deveined shrimp (30 to 35 per lb.), rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 1/2 cups water and the rice to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender to bite, about 25 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, stir coconut milk, chicken broth, curry paste, fish sauce, and brown sugar until sugar and curry paste are dissolved and mixture is simmering. Stir in asparagus and clams, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. Add scallops and shrimp, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until clam shells have opened and shrimp and scallops are opaque but still moist-looking in the center (cut to test), about 3 minutes longer. Stir in lime juice.
- 3. Spoon rice into four wide, shallow bowls and top equally with seafood, asparagus, and sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes