Not bad, but needs some tweaking. It lacks in flavor for everything thats in it.
Seafood Ragù with Cavatappi
You can use mussels or scallops in place of the clams or shrimp.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 361
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 37.8g
- Carbohydrate: 31.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Iron: 9.2mg
- Sodium: 390mg
- Calcium: 113mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 littleneck clams
- 16 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 pound skinless halibut fillets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups hot cooked cavatappi (about 10 ounces uncooked pasta)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and pepper; cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Stir in tomatoes, 2 tablespoons parsley, and salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add clams. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp and fish. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 2 minutes. Add water. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until clams open. Discard any unopened shells. Add 1 tablespoon oil and pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes