- 7 cups water, divided
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 pounds New Zealand green-lipped mussels
- 3 pounds fresh oysters, opened in the half shell
- 2 pounds cooked crab claws, shells partially removed
- 10 pound crushed ice
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Thai Peanut Sauce
- Horseradish Cocktail Sauce
- Creamy Mustard Horseradish Sauce
- Soy Wasabi Sauce
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water; peel shrimp, and devein, if desired, leaving tails intact.
- Bring 1 cup water and wine to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add mussels; cover and return to a boil. Boil 4 to 5 minutes. Immediately remove open mussels with a slotted spoon. Continue cooking remaining mussels 2 to 3 minutes; others may open. Discard any still-unopened mussels.
- Stack 3 graduated trays or pizza pans and 2 graduated cake pedestals, using the largest tray as a base and ending with the smallest; secure trays with floral clay. Mound trays with ice. Arrange seafood over ice. Garnish with lemon wedges. Serve immediately with sauces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This