- 7 cups water, divided
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 pounds New Zealand green-lipped mussels
- 3 pounds fresh oysters, opened in the half shell
- 2 pounds cooked crab claws, shells partially removed
- 10 pound crushed ice
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Thai Peanut Sauce
- Horseradish Cocktail Sauce
- Creamy Mustard Horseradish Sauce
- Soy Wasabi Sauce
How to Make It
Bring 6 cups water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water; peel shrimp, and devein, if desired, leaving tails intact.
Bring 1 cup water and wine to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add mussels; cover and return to a boil. Boil 4 to 5 minutes. Immediately remove open mussels with a slotted spoon. Continue cooking remaining mussels 2 to 3 minutes; others may open. Discard any still-unopened mussels.
Stack 3 graduated trays or pizza pans and 2 graduated cake pedestals, using the largest tray as a base and ending with the smallest; secure trays with floral clay. Mound trays with ice. Arrange seafood over ice. Garnish with lemon wedges. Serve immediately with sauces.