- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container Standard oysters, drained
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 8 baked commercial patty shells
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a large skillet; sauté oysters, crab meat, shrimp, salt, pepper, and hot sauce 5 minutes or until edges of oysters curl. Stir in white sauce and sherry. Cook 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon mixture evenly into patty shells. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note