- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked seafood (cod, haddock, shrimp, lobster, or combination of seafood)
- 1 hard-cooked egg, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cream sherry
- 3 hard-cooked egg yolks, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional)
- Melt 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water; add flour, and stir with a wire whisk until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add half-and-half and milk. Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Sauté mushrooms in remaining butter in a small skillet until tender. Stir sautéed mushrooms into sauce. Add seafood, chopped egg, salt, pepper, lemon rind, and sugar; stir well. Cook over simmering water 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sherry; cook 5 minutes. Pour soup into individual serving bowls; garnish with grated egg yolk and chives, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note