Taste was much better than I expected. I liked it but everyone else thought it was outstanding. Will make this again for myself and guests who appreciate seafood.
Lighten a shrimp- and scallop-filled lasagna by using reduced-fat milk for the white sauce and adding reduced-fat cheeses along with the Parmesan.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 383
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 33.1g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 583mg
- Calcium: 428mg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) block-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pound scallops, coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) carton fat-free ricotta cheese
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place a large saucepan over medium heat; add flour to pan. Gradually add milk to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk until smooth; cook 1 minute. Stir in butter, thyme, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat; stir in 1 1/4 cups Parmigiano and nutmeg. Set cheese sauce aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese; stir until cheese melts. Stir in half-and-half, 1/4 cup parsley, shrimp, and scallops. Combine eggs and ricotta in a food processor; process until smooth. Stir ricotta mixture into seafood mixture.
- Spoon 1 cup cheese sauce into bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over sauce; top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat layers with 4 noodles, remaining half of ricotta mixture, and remaining 4 noodles. Pour remaining cheese sauce over noodles; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup Parmigiano. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle lasagna with remaining 1/4 cup parsley. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Wine note: The rich, mellow flavor and creamy, mouth-filling texture of this seafood lasagna demands a white wine that's soft and full on the palate. Chardonnay is a great answer-especially a luscious, full-bodied Italian version like Antinori's Cervaro della Sala 2003 from Umbria ($45). -Karen MacNeil
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note