Everyone loves a good kebab. The trick for great ones is to make sure meat and vegetables are cut into equal-size pieces before skewering so that everything has a chance to cook evenly.
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
- 12 wooden or metal skewers
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 large sea scallops
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 12 ounces snapper or other firm-fleshed fish, cut into pieces
- 12 ounces smoked sausage, sliced into pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper and 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine orange juice and next 6 ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- 3. Thread seafood, sausage, and bell peppers on skewers; place in a shallow roasting pan. Pour half of the orange juice mixture over the skewers, and chill 30 minutes.
- 4. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Grill kebabs, turning and basting with remaining orange juice mixture, 12 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note