Based upon a soup from the Barefoot Contess Parties! cookbook.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) large shrimp (32 to 36 per pound) peeled and deveined (save shells for stock)
- 1/2 pound(s) scallops
- 1/2 pound(s) swordfish
- 1/2 pound(s) fresh lump crabmeat picked over to remove shells
- 1/4 pound(s) unsalted butter
- 1 cup(s) carrots (4) peeled and medium-diced
- 1 cup(s) yellow onion (1) medium-diced
- 1 cup(s) celery (3 stalks) medium-diced
- 1 cup(s) white or red potatoes medium-diced
- 1/2 cup(s) corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup(s) rice flour
- 1 quart(s) Seafood Stock see recipe
- 14 ounce(s) Coconut Milk canned
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley, fresh minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- Cut the shrimp, scallops, and swordfish into bite-sized pieces and place them in a bowl with the crabmeat.\.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, melt the butter; add the carrots, onions, celery, potatoes, and corn and saute over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are barely cooked, stirring occassionally. Add the rice flour; reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often for 3 minutes. Add the Seafood Stock and bring to a boil. Add the seafood, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 7 to 10 minutes, until the fish is just cooked. Add the coconut milk, and the parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste, and servie
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliejensen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note