Delicious! Found it very easy and it did not take an unusual amount of time to make. While the potatoes were cooking it was easy to make the Maple-Dijon slaw. We added a 1/2 pound of cut up sea scallops and meat from one lobster tail. Precooked all the seafood before we added it in. Good recipe to make for everyday and while you have company.
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 3 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan. Coarsely crumble bacon. Set aside.
- Cook onion and celery in hot drippings over medium heat 7 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Add potatoes and clam juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cream, and heat just to simmering. Add seafood, and simmer 3 minutes or until done. Stir in parsley, salt, and pepper. Top with crumbled bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews