- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 3 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan. Coarsely crumble bacon. Set aside.
Cook onion and celery in hot drippings over medium heat 7 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Add potatoes and clam juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cream, and heat just to simmering. Add seafood, and simmer 3 minutes or until done. Stir in parsley, salt, and pepper. Top with crumbled bacon.